Monday 14 May 2012

Easy Lemon Cheesecake

I realised on the weekend that not only has the pending new baby stolen my lovely wedding, it is also going to steal my celebration of the Queens Jubilee. I can't believe it. I love the Queen and the thought of the Jubilee has been exciting me for the last few months, but the chances of me being able to go up into town to see any of the celebrations are slim to none. I will either be wandering around at home like a zombie (probably with piles and/or excruciating nipples if rumors are to be believed) if the baby has arrived, glued to the sofa on an absorbent pad waiting for the waters to break or at the hospital suffering all manner of indignities. Like I said, I can't believe it. It's a catastrophe. I'll just have to gather together all my Queen memorabilia, make a shrine to her Majesty and celebrate on my own. God Save The Queen.


I have 2 huge plaques of The Queen rescued from from a Town Hall refurbishment. Sadly they are in storage until we have more wall space, but they are awesome. One even has make up mirror light bulbs  all around the outside. Here is a tiny picture of the largest one, its 3ft high. Awesome.


Framed picture of The Queen bought from an Antique shop in Holt.


Busts of The Queen and Prince Philip from eBay made by the Greenwich House Pottery in New York.


My favourite postcard of The Queen, look how happy she is! Even in the rain she is a beaut.


Official Cecil Beaton Portrait. Swoon.


This is not The Queen, this is my late Grandmother, Olive. 
She was beautiful and always reminded me of the Queen.


This is also not The Queen. This is being an idiot at the Museum of London.

As well as the Jubilee I am also unable to go to this exhibition at the National Portrait gallery which my Aunt told me about and begins on Thursday. 


I would LOVE to see this but in my current state of zero bladder control its way too risky. Luckily the exhibition is on until October so hopefully I'll be able to go before it finishes if I make it out of hospital alive. 

So plans for this week include lots of sitting around and waiting. We have 11 days until the due date and I have lots of 'Antiques Roadtrip' to fit in before the world stops revolving around me. We had quite a busy weekend so I'm glad to be winding down now and trying to conserve my energy for hours of squeezing and panting. On Saturday we met friend for lunch, had a friend round for afternoon tea then the Wig's Aunt visited us on Sunday for lunch. Amazingly, the weather was glorious so we sat in the garden to eat for the first time this year. I was so excited about the sun finally making an appearance, I made a Lemon Cheesecake. I've only made this once before, for my nieces 2nd birthday 2 years ago, but its very simple and very delicious.


Harriet Lily and the Lemon Cheesecake. 
Not the most sophisticated birthday candle but it's the thought that counts.


To Make Easy Lemon Cheesecake

Shopping List:

150g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
60g Butter, melted
1 x 397g Can of Condensed Milk
250g Original Philadelphia
Zest of 1 x Unwaxed Lemon
Juice of 3 x Unwaxed Lemons
Fruit of choice for top


* Crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin while melting the butter in a pan on the hob. When the butter has melted, pour the crumbs into the pan, combine and tip into a prepared springform tin. Squash down the mixture with the base of a flat bottomed glass. Place in the fridge for about an hour to harden.


* Once the base has hardened, whisk together the condensed milk, philadelphia, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl until the mixture is well mixed. Pour this mixture onto the biscuit base and return to the fridge to set for a couple of hours.


* Once the cheesecake has set, remove from the tin, place on a plate and arrange slices of fruit of choice on top, or leave naked if you prefer.


*Easy. Peasy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment