Thursday 6 November 2014

Homemade Halloween Pt 2

This is not the post I thought it was going to be. I was hoping to regale you with tales of small children screaming in horror at my terrifying Halloween party games. My particular favorite was "What's in the bowl?". You make up bowls of cold spaghetti ('worms'), peeled grapes ('eyeballs'), jelly ('guts') etc then cover them up with a piece of fabric. Cut hand sized slits into it and ask the kiddiwinkles to stick their hand through and guess what's in the bowl. Classic. We also had 'Pin the Warty Nose on the Witch', a really scary ghost we were going to hang on a tree in the garden, and rats and spiders hidden everywhere, but alas, the party did not happen. Due to unforeseen circumstances, more specifically, a horrifying dash to A+E followed by a 2 night stay in the local Hospital, we thought it wise to cancel. Boo. However, my small son is now of an age where things like a 'party' are a pretty big deal. We had been putting the decorations up for about 3 weeks making it rather tricky to pull plug completely. So instead of the party I had been planning for, his 2 little cousins popped over and stuffed themselves silly with way too much sugar. Oh well, there's always next year.

Enter . . .


Pumpkin, Sage and Swiss Cheese Muffins


Homemade Toffee apples which didn't get eaten so became reincarnated as a Toffee Apple Crumble.




Witches Fingers breadsticks





Bats Blood


Body parts jelly. My 6 year old niece found this particularly revolting looking. Perfect.


Ginger'dead' Biscuits...That was my idea...


(P)almond Biscuits...geddit...?


Spooky Skittles. I'd been saving those bog rolls for weeks.


Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment