Wednesday 23 November 2011

"Don't read anything on the internet, people have been having babies for millions of years" Auntie Margaret

Wise words, Auntie M. Although I have to admit, the temptation to swot up on all things pregnified got the better of me last night. I didn't start snooping on the web, but I did walk into Waterstone's and buy a book, which I was too embarrassed to read on the bus home so waited till I got back to Hackney to look at. And then wished I had spent the £12.99 on a nice loose pair of hareem pants instead. The main problem being, I am extremely squeamish so maybe its better not to know about certain areas that may be coming up in the future. I am so squeamish in fact I couldn't actually get past the page about the ginormous expanding nipples. Seriously, I was flabbergasted by what was staring back at me from the pages of my book. I have never in my life seen anything like that, and how the woman in the picture could be grinning so hard, I have no idea. Anyway, I have an ominous feeling that that particular consequence of events could be the least of my worries. The Wig on the other hand loves all the science and biology stuff, so I'm more than happy for him to read the book even if I don't want to. Although, he could just be looking at the nipples ... I don't know...

Anyway, I'm very keen my for my little blog not to become solely about my current situation, however I do want to say a big thank you to anyone reading who sent me a congratulatory text, facebook message or voice message, I really do appreciate it. I also appreciate the offers of advice which I know I will be making full use of as time goes by. I had wondered if I should keep our news under wraps since there is still a very long way to go but it already feels a a bit more real now its out in the open. After 18 positive pregnancy tests (just to be sure) and the ultrasound, I still cant totally believe it. But my sister in law said I should try to enjoy it all and be positive and I don't think I could do that if it was a secret. Also, it will start to get hard to hide my extra pounds soon. My boss said he thinks I'm going to use this as an excuse to eat as much as I can. Too bloody right!

It's a very happy time and I want to make the most of it as long as it lasts. This news is now in my top 3 happiest moments of life so far. Its nestling among the day I got engaged and the day I found my Lyme Regis Fossil. Amazing. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment