Tuesday 27 March 2012

"We prefer you to use the stairs, unless it's hanging out".

This evening The Wig and I made a trip to the Hospital to view the ward where we will be having the baby. We've been wanting to go for a while and now we can finally cross it off the list of things to do. Thank the Lord, another job done. I want to also thank the Lord for the brilliant midwife who showed us around. I think I'm really going to enjoy my little visit there, especially if she is working when we go in. My favorite remarks of hers (or the ones I can remember at least) being:

"You can bring your own music to play on the sound system, but please, no Rod Stewart. Be reasonable".

"When you come, do your hair, wear a nice nightdress, you're having a day out! If you don't we'll give you one of our nightgowns and you'll feel ill as soon as you look at it".

"Sometimes if a baby is born in the pool it needs stimulation to get going. So we stimulate it by rubbing it up and down with a scratchy NHS towel. That usually does the trick".

So all in all a very enjoyable evening. And I never thought I would say that about a hospital. The birthing Centre there has balls, ropes you can dangle off, a pool, a double bed, a big foamy mattress thing, showers, basically it's like a cross between the Krypton Factor and It's a Knockout. I was erring on the drugs side of things but I had such a nice time this evening I think I'm going to try out the assault course and see how I get on. Things are starting to get VERY exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment