Tuesday 26 April 2011

God Save them all!











I love the Royal Family and I don't care who knows it, although anyone that knows me, knows this already and still wants to be my friend (I think) so maybe it's not such a bad thing. I am aware, however, that they aren't everyones cup of tea, but for this week, I don't care!  I am supremely excited about the forthcoming nuptials and have butterflies already. I said to The Wig that this week will most probably be the best week of my life due to all the royal programme's on telly. I simply can not get enough of all things/anything Royal. And anyone who doesn't agree is committing treason as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still not sure exactly where I shall be which is making me quite anxious but I'm going to have to make a decision soon. I had talked to my friend about camping out along The Mall the night before whilst dressed as a Pearly King but my concern for the lack of public toilets has since put me off this idea. I had also contemplated getting up early and getting a good spot near a big screen in one of the Royal Parks, but again, I'm concerned about toilet facilities. I shall be needing to toast the newly weds with a supermarket brand Cava from around 11am and subsequently regular  lavatory breaks will be essential. One of my happiest London memories ever was when my friends and I drank Rose in the sun whilst watching Brian May play guitar on top of Buckingham Palace for the Queens Golden Jubilee. However, I do also have memories of weeing behind a parked car in the street as the queue for the portaloo was too long.

But where ever I shall be, there is no question that I will be donning, with immense pride, my new Charles + Di necklace and one or even all of my new badges that I purchased today at Maiden on Shoreditch High Street. Not only do the sell a wide range of Royal Wedding related items, the also had a 'Wills + Catherine' exhibition in the basement! This is my kind of shop!

http://www.maidenshop.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment